MRA Spoiler Windscreen (Spoilerscreen) Review

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

I recently installed an MRA Spoiler Screen on my '97 XJ600 (Seca II). I took the '97 out this afternoon to try out the MRA windscreen and decided to post up a small review for those considering the same. I spent most of my time cruising and passing on Interstate 25 at 75 mph with a few passing jaunts pushing more than that.

The screen works incredibly well. It pushes the air up and it strikes you right at mid-face shield. The screen deflects air in such a manner that I was comfortable cruising along with my shield open (wearing sunglasses) at 80 mph. The shape of the screen mirrors the shape of most helmets and I noticed an improvement in wind noise at interstate speeds while turning my head 20 degrees to either side. Lastly, the air flowing from the top of the screen is smooth and laminar with a sharp cut-off. Moving my head up or down a few inches changes the airflow across the helmet.

The build quality of the screen is where you'd expect it to be. The fit is good with all the pre-drilled holes lining up perfectly and the screen fits with the same 1/16" gap all the way around. It includes a pair of MRA stickers and a vinyl edging that can be added to the top end.

The screen cost me $122 when it was said and done and it's made in Germany. I bought it from Twisted Throttle and it took about 3 months from the time I placed the order, to get the screen.

Here's the link for the 97+ model screen:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1665/

Here's the link for the '93-'96 model screen:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /1663/166/

If you're in the market for a good quality screen and don't mind spending the money, I'd highly recommend it.

Here are some better daylight shots of the screen:

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login