New jacket...gift from the other half

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
secamike
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So I took a ride few weeks ago and went up into the hills around dusk and froze my butt off :cold: . It was really warm but as I went higher in elevation the fog was rolling in and coming over the road (kinda spooky). I was amazed how it cut through my vented jacket, I was quite chilled for some time even after getting down off the hills. My other half heard me whining and picked my up a Dainese S-Xanthum jacket for our anniversary. Way over my typical budget :yikes: but I didn't have the heart to return it and besides it's quite nice. It is a waterproof textile with zip vents and quite nice armour. The way I heard one review describe it was an all around jacket that allowed you to just zip up a few vents and be waterproof and quite toasty if the weather changed on you. Nice, real liner and a sport, touring style. I currently wear an alpinestars air textile that I'm quite fond of but I think this new jacket will be my daily jacket exc. for Summer. Only downside is it doesn't come with a back protector and the proper one is 90 clams. Anyone have any Dainese gear, is it worth the hefty price tag...?

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login