I should have died tonight

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
JohnPerth
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

As the title suggests. I should have died tonight. It’s 3.33am as I type this and I’ve just gotten back from hospital. I hit a metal guard rail, head on at 60mph. I was thrown/slid around 30-40ft by the paramedics accounts. Taken to hospital and had all sorts of scans, X-rays and tests. The extent of my injuries I hear you ask? I’ve badly bruised my anterior compartment in my left leg, basically I have a really badly bruised shin where I hit the guard rail and that’s it. However from the scans they’ve discovered that i had an old brake in my wrist that had they not found it would have caused permanent damage. The bike I imagine is totalled although I will survey the damage and the site tomorrow.

I’ve never been a believer in fate but after that I must be destined to do something worthwhile in my life. The only thought I had in my head in the split second as I saw that rail was that I’d never see my wife again (she failed to pick up the phone when anyone called her which kind of killed the mood) but still.

In terms of the accident it was entirely my fault, I stupidly got involved in a bit of a race with a passing bike on a road that I was unfamiliar with.

Anyone who has a partner/kids or just anyone you love, think about them the next time your ego gets you involved in something stupid.
Why have I started this...

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login