Stepping into the new world of inline 4

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
genericRider
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey boys and girls.
24 years young from Estonia (yes its a country not some disease in latin) and got a "brand new" 1995 xj600S, somewhat N now.
I've had some scooters and bikes before, all single cylinder and none of them escaped from my diy - opening the engines, forgetting something, redoing all of it kinda deal. Im hoping to successfully tinker and learn all i need about the new 4 cylinder. Aprilia RS125 was the last one.

Now that i have this amazing project bike, im planning on making it great again. It has rattles, rust, cracks, something missing here and there etc but all in all i bought it for the engine and frame, of which i kinda like both. Kinda on the frame part- really like the riding position and naked simplicity, but hate the long pointless 90's tail. The engine.. it has problems in 2nd gear, jerks really hard and sometimes pops out of gear (selector fork or gear shaft i hope) but otherwise runs smooth and sounds great.
Enough of banter and i really hope i can restore its dignity and create its character from scratch to match my specifications, its definately gonna see some cutting, welding and fiberglass.

Hasty as i am, i will post a project topic soon as i have many questions and future plans.
received_10216141669313925.jpeg

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login