Joey From Nebraska

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
skydve76
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi guys. A little about me. Im 40 and been riding since I am 15, my first bike was a Honda 350CL. I still have that bike. Will be fixed up at later date but that's another story.

I joined the Airforce in 1996 and spend 2 years overseas. When I came back I was stationed in South Dakota at Ellsworth AFB in 1998 for 2 years.

A friend of mine bought an 1994 XJ600 from someone who drove it to the base from California. He was kicked from the Military later and I picked up the bike from him fairly cheap.

I rode the snot out of that bike, all over South Dakota. When my enlisted ended, I enrolled at UNL in Lincoln Nebraska and my bike was my main method of transportation for 3+ years.

Met my wife while attending UNL and she would ride on the XJ with me.

Fast forward to today, the bike has been sitting for 10 years in my garage. I recently got the bug to ride again and I purchased a new Yamaha R3.

I knew I could probably fix my XJ up but I want to ride now and the fixing will take me some time.

However now my wife wants a new bike too. SO I decided the XJ is a perfect place for her to start. The bike has already been dumped several times and its not worth a lot so its time to fix it for her to earn her wheels.

I am here as I have read the detailed threads on carb rebuilding. Given I have never done one this complicated, my confidence is a bit low. Given this may take some $$ to get running I want to ensure I don't waste my time and that is where you guys come in.

So once I can, I want to make my own rebuild thread. Not that I plan to teach anyone anything, but rather for me to receive help. The carb is very stuck and fuel crystalized so need help finding parts and advice!!

I continue to read the threads on this board but some of the parts links are no longer active so I hpe my thread will refresh some of the data.
--My bike has more jets than American Airlines.
-1994 Xj600
-2017 Yamaha R3
-1973 Honda 350CL

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login