Its been a long winter

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
bettyswolloks
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Below is just a snippet from the bike diary I keep for all my bikes. This is over a 3wk period.

Had to abandon her on the way home from work tonight the snow was that bad.

New old stock Dunlop K505 fitted today. The spindle was seized and took a hell of a beating to get out. New rear pads fitted as usual.
Left coil replaced after it failed. It was sparking on one lead ok and very weak on the other, so weak it couldn't fire a plug. I took one off the GSX1100F, which was identical apart from a couple of numbers in the part number. New plugs and an oil change while I'm at it. 123k.
Oil cooler bypassed after leak. Blanked off the banjos with some brass washers and a couple of decent nuts and bolts.

Left switch gear, the kill switch wires melted together and almost set on fire. Resulting in the main diode blowing. Spent hours chasing that fault in rawtenstall town centre! And yes you can run without a diode with no problems, well so far anyway!
Wire from the carbs broke and repaired, again.

Fuel pump wires corroded through. Got recovered to work, then in the back of Stes van home.
Wires from the left switch gear broke resulting in the left indicater and horn not working.
Some c**t drove into it so I took the fairing off and fitted a bandit 1200 headlight with a couple of led spot lights.

Got recovered off the M65, it just cut out. A fuse had blown!

I still love her though!

So Hiya! Been riding 35yrs, closer to 40, and the arthritis is eating away at the usual places, knees, clutch wrist and throttle fingers. You new riders really need to buy some thick warm gloves I reckon.
I have other bikes but the XJ is my every day get me to work companion. Got her at 45k about 18mths ago and she's at around 124k now so we do spend a lot of time together. I'm 50 in a few weeks and the wife and kids want me to buy a car to celebrate, but I'm not THAT old yet [emoji6]ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login