hello from wales uk

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
titan
New to XJR
New to XJR

I have been lurking and stealing information for a while.

I have been building my 1994 XJ600n on and off for the last 2 years.

one of my biggest things I have been reading about is pod filters ( not going to far down that rabbit hole)

one write up that I read was this
http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&start=10

so I have ported my head, very basically removed the machine marks and opened them up for smoother flow etc .
to keep this simple I will use the standard air box still but will do a stage 3 jet kit but am I going to get the air flow through the stock box to benefit from the last 6 months work??

would stacks work instead or any suggestion to modifying the airbox to give me the extra flow, is it even needed?

just to clear this up before I get asked (first question normally asked )

why on an XJ??
well why not, I had it sat there and wanted to give it a go so I have lol I can swap an engine on these cheaper than other bikes.

btw I'm just a guy in a garage tinkering and doing stuff people tell me I can't or shouldn't be done. I have other bikes for performance this was just to say I gave it ago and an excuse to rebuild the top end.

thanks for the awesome information
keep up the work

Shane

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login