Bien le bonjour !

Tell us about yourself, what you ride, and share your favorite picture.
Neville
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: France
Motorcycles Owned Currently: HD Electra Glide
France

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Greetings from France, XJ enthusiasts !
I'm Neville, former automative journalist and future craft beer merchant, living near Saint-Etienne, planning to buy my second Diversion, aka Seca II.
Fist one was my first big bike, back in 1992. Since then, I owned a 1978 GoldWing, a 79 BMW R100T, a Guzzi California III, a Kawasaki 1200 ZRX, a Yamaha 535 Virago, a Honda PC800, and a Harley 883 Sportster.
I currently ride a Twin Cam 96 Electra Glide, a MBK Skyliner 125 and own a out of order 850 TDM.
My idea is to get a 1992 dark green Diversion to replace at the same time the dead trailie and asthmatic scooter as a nice nostalgic daily driver. Wish me good luck : cheap Diversions are numerous round here, but most of them seem to be rolling wrecks...

BTW : please excuse my English, I haven't used it for a long, long time !

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Neville!

Quite a collection of bikes over the years. You might be able to get a second bike for spares if they are cheap enough?

I wouldn't worry about your English by the way; I would never have known it wasn't your first language had you not said anything!
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello and welcome to the site! No problems on your english, I wish I could speak/write French as well as you do English. I also wish we had a nice supply of Seca II/Diversions as you seem to have over in Europe.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

Neville
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: France
Motorcycles Owned Currently: HD Electra Glide
France

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:21 am

Thanx guys !
Seca/Diversion was a huge success when it hit the french market in 1992. Back then, in this range of price, you could only get monocylinder trails or aging twins like the Suzuki 500 GSE or the Kawasaki 500 GPZ.
The comfy, modern looking "mini FJ1200" - elected Motorcycle of the Year by Moto Journal" - was a very appealing bike for young motorcyclists : they sold by hundreds to the riding schools and by thousands to the learners !
Th Diversion supremacy was only put down by the more powerful and quite sportier Bandit 600, in 1995. But the Divy kept selling until 2003. Today, there are plenty of them on LeBonCoin (our Craigslist) from 300 you 1200 euros, depending on the model year, shape and mileage of the bike. With is very cheap regarding the used bike market.

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Neville, Welcome to the forum :)

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall