help needed, broken xj600s

Tell us about yourself, what you ride, and share your favorite picture.
chopperpad
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Monmouthshire
Motorcycles Owned Currently: xj600s
Great Britain

Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello, I'm Paddy. Owner of a 98 (R reg) XJ600S. Last week my bike died on me whilst riding. No coughing or spluttering, just a loss of power. We have 150psi on each cylinder, new fuel pump, new battery and good blue sparks on all four. Fuses checked. Carbs have been cleaned very carefully (good old you tube), pilot jet especially. It will fire up nicely when fuel is poured into each carb, roars evenly then dies again. All mayonnaise (solidified oil) is cleared from the lines, new air filter too. I have had loads of help from friends, yamaha dealership, bike mechanics and people who don't know which end is the front. Please suggest anything however absurd as it is my only means of transport. Cheers, Paddy.

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:48 pm

I'm assuming you have the fuel tap on prime whilst doing this? Maybe the petcock isn't allowing fuel through.
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93