Hello

Tell us about yourself, what you ride, and share your favorite picture.
ses0030
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: AL
Motorcycles Owned Currently: XJ600S

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello! I recently inherited a 93 Seca 2 that had been sitting for about 15 years. I've slowly been working through the issues the bike developed from sitting so long. This forum has been a tremendous help.

I, however, have one problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. The petcock on the bike had developed a leak, so I purchased a petcock rebuild kit to fix the leak and followed the handy guide on the forum here. When I took the petcock out, I noticed that the tube/screen assembly for the primary is not present. The only one there is for the reserve. Does anyone know where one can purchase replacement screens? I've searched the web extensively, but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks in advance! Hope to get the bike running consistently soon and on the road eventually.

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Hello and welcome to the site! Your best bet is just buy new original petcock.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi ses, Welcome to the forum :)
From memory, I don't think the screens are sold on there own, I think you have to buy the whole Petcock.... if I remember correctly they cost about 60 bucks !

ses0030
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: AL
Motorcycles Owned Currently: XJ600S

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Well, that's what I was afraid of. Hopefully, I can find one for a good deal. I despise having to pay the $10 shipping that most bike sites charge these days.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93