Tell us about yourself, what you ride, and share your favorite picture.
Perry
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Edinburgh
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 Yamaha Diversion xj600s and 1978Kawasaki Z200
Great Britain

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:04 am

Sorry in advance if I have posted this not correctly.

Good day from Edinburgh (anyone else form Edinburgh if there is it would be great to meet up sometime if your up for it). Its great that I have found this site and am looking forward to being on it as well as using it.
Who am I ? Call me Perry I work and live in Edinburgh but until the bike is ready for the road its being stored in Selkirk (Scottish Borders) so not able to work on it too much just now due to location.

I have just got myself a little project its a 1994 Yamaha Diversion XJ600s, I have only had it for two weeks that's my profile picture of it before I started to strip it down to sort out the electrics. Just love fixing electrics don't you lol the only lights that were working was the headlight so no dash lights indicators rear light and brake light no horn and a fuse that pops as soon as you put ignition on. What I have done so far is fixed most of the electric's and now have only one light not working and that's the oil dash light this was the problem for the fuse that was blowing so now disconnected it for short term as I think the oil sensor is shorting and needs replaced will have to drain the new oil I put in it to take the sensor out to test or replace. What's next the exhaust is blown on one down pipe and needs new gasket so will do them all at the same time the problem here is the down pipes have been put on with what looks like allan bolts and they are all rounded on the in side so I have not tried to get them off yet this could be difficult and a job I am not looking forward to. The main thing for the bike just now is to get a valid MOT on it as soon as possible so that the fun can begin after that I can then look at the cosmetic side of f the bike such as paint work and surface rust to be fair its not bad but still worth doing.

Any tips and advice about the XJ would be welcome.

Thanks and have a safe time out and about Perry

Vulcano39
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Setubal
Motorcycles Owned Currently: XJ600S Diversion 1994

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:48 am

Welcome, i've also a 1994 Diversion 600, good luck. Best regards
Bikes owned:
Famel Foguete (1958) 50cc 1990
Famel 77 50cc (????)1991-1992
Moto Guzzi NTX 750 (1989)1997-1999
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion (1994) 2017-who knows...

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am

Hi Perry, Welcome to the forum :)

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

Hello and welcome to the site!
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

div
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: France
Motorcycles Owned Currently: XJ600 Diversion S (97)
France

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 am

Welcome here! :clap:
My project : '97 XJ600 S Rebirth

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 am

Someone else "north of the wall"!

Welcome, there's a huge amount of info on here - the search function will become your best friend!
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

Perry
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Edinburgh
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 Yamaha Diversion xj600s and 1978Kawasaki Z200
Great Britain

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:41 am

Hi and good morning thought it was time for a update (The Project).
I have now had some time to have a good look at my Diversion this is what I have done so far:
Managed to fix all of the electrics they were just a disaster I have no idea what was going on with them if I did not know better I would say they had been deliberately screwed up this included replacing all the indicators as well.
The exhaust was blowing on one of the down pipes that's now sorted but this could not be done without taking off all 4 down pipes and it even turned out one of them did not have a gasket on it I found out why when I was putting them back on there was not enough of the stud coming through the flange to get a nut on it this took some time to get on and yes there is now a gasket on all down pipes.
Fuel problem again this took time to sort out as one off the vacuum pipes had been disconnected and look like it had been for a while so the bike would only run when it was on prime and as I had never worked on this set up before it took time to learn what went where.
Whats left now:
I am constructing a luggage rack to hold two side boxes and a top box.
The wheels need to be taken off and refurbished.
Then it will be painting time.

Gkito
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Highlands of Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Xj400 Diversion (import)
Great Britain

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:59 am

Welcome, just recently joined myself. And like yourself north of the wall. Highlands actually.

Managed to acquire an 91 xj400 import. Currently being stripped before it heads to the Fabriacators and powder coater. Bike needs a lot of work so winter project for me....

So thanksful for this forum, spent a bit of time reviewing all the great info and tips.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93