Long time Yamaha Rider, first time XJ rider

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Renegade
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Oh how I have missed being part of a motorcycle community...

In 2006, I bought my first bike; a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim. It was a fantastic bike, reworked motor to give it more power (which I only added to be regearing the sprockets), and I spend the next several years riding, working on it, and customizing it until I had the custom cafe racer-like machine that I loved so much. Then sadly, Thanksgiving of 2014, disaster stuck...

A 17 year old girl, driving Daddy's Explorer, "looked away from the road for just a second to changer the radio", and crashed into my beloved at (estimated) 60mph (on a 40pmh road) and sent it from where it was parked, bouncing the width of my yard until it hit my neighbor's fence.

So that's the back story... 8 years of riding, being part of online XS communities, and suddenly I was without a motorcycle. Fast forward 'til a couple months ago and you find me missing riding, but with no real big plans to shell out a bunch of money on a bike (other goals in mind) but still keeping my eyes open...just in case...never know.... Then I found it, a good looking motorcycle, a project bike that doesnt need a ton of work (needed more than I thought at first) for $400. SOLD! And now I was the owner of a 1993 Yamaha XJ600S.

I spend a bit of time working on her, fixing what needed to be fixed and repainting. I will do a build thread later. Im almost done, just working out some of the kinks after not running for the last 2 years, but I'm back in the game, and overjoyed about it.

So hello all, Im very happy to here as now part of the XJ community. I hail from Cape May, NJ so if anyone else is around and sees me, feel free to say hi
Renegade
My YouTube, My Twitter
"In the day we sweat out on the streets of an runaway American dream,
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines..."

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login