Wheel fit

Tell us about yourself, what you ride, and share your favorite picture.
Jamieskg3
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Kent
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Yamaha xj600 diversion

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello all I've been looking into getting a wider rear wheel for my xj600 diversion, I've seen some threads on how some fazer 6 wheels fit perfectly but I'm unsure on what year or exact wheel will fit without needing modification, if anyone could clear this up that would be externally helpful thankyou :)

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:23 pm

FZR600 wheels from 1990 onward. The 1989 model had the same rear wheel width as the stock Seca II so avoid that one.

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Jamieskg3 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:32 pm
Hello all I've been looking into getting a wider rear wheel for my xj600 diversion, I've seen some threads on how some fazer 6 wheels fit perfectly but I'm unsure on what year or exact wheel will fit without needing modification, if anyone could clear this up that would be externally helpful thankyou :)
They're hard to come by in the UK but do pop up on Ebay every now and then, make sure you look for a 4" ( 3HE ) wheel ( stock is 3.5" )... sellers don't always state the width so you may have to message them :)
the Fazer 600 wheel ( 4JH ) is 5x17" and won't fit without some modification, it's still possible though Radare did it on his black bike :thumbsup:

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:38 pm

The wheels need to be marked 3HE 18 x 4.00, they're from the FZRs from late 89-93 (I think?)

Most of the sellers dont put the width on as Mikee has said, took me ages to track mine down, sending a barrage of messages to people; they dont come up very often and when they do they can be pricey. I got mine for just under £20 as it was local enough to collect! Its a horrible shade of purple though and the bearings were shot.

The sprocket carrier, cush rubbers and brake discs are the same however the sprockets for the FZR are thicker and therefore not compatible with our chains
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...