Battery won't charge

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
T-man
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi everyone,

My name is Thom and I am currently a Bachelor student in Hospitality management.
I always wanted a motorbike when I rode my 50 CC Gilera GSM moped. Well... When I got the opportunity to obtain my license I got it a.s.a.p. After riding for 4 years now, I never faced major problems. However, now i have an annoying electrical problem....
My battery won't charge and my Multi- meter tells me that (with a running engine and head lights on) that it gets 12,45 Volts, without head lights and a running engine 13,06... I try to check my rectifier but bought a new one anyway. Sadly, I haven't found the problem yet. Ohh I haven't checked the wires that come out of the stator... Furthermore I often read that it could also be as simple as ground wire... Hoe much volt sholud I get from the regulator/rectifier? And how much from the stator/dynamo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
you have to start somewhere...

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login