Newbie from CA

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
mbanzi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi there fellow XJRiders! I am in the fortunate position of being offered a FREE, just get it out of my garage, Seca II, so I'm trying to educate myself as to what I'm letting myself in for.

Located in sunny San Diego, CA. I've been riding for almost 40 years since my early teens, so as I'm an old rider, I'm obviously not a bold rider. Definitely favor the dirt over street. My father owned a Honda motorcycle dealership during my youth, so I grew up in the workshop serving an unofficial apprenticeship as a teen. I am also an amateur machinist, so I have access to a mini lathe & (still in process) CNC mill.

I enjoy working on older vehicles, so looking forward to this challenge. Will post pictures of the steed as soon as I pick it up, sight unseen. Plan to either restore it to original or do a scrambler conversion (reminiscent of my early 80s BMW R80GS). Even though I am mostly a Honda guy, I have owned a few Yamahas, the last was an early 80s IT175, which I absolutely loved. MAN I miss two strokes!

Many years ago on what is still one of my top 5 bikes, the Honda CB1100RC (yes in my school uniform :oops:):
2017-02-06_23-38-12_000.jpeg
another classic favorite, the Honda CBX1000 6-cylinder:
2017-02-06_23-38-42_000.jpeg
and a recent shot of me in the shop:
2017-02-03_08-09-43_000.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login