Laced front wheel an impossibility?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
e1 hogger
New to XJR
New to XJR

Good day to all
New here and looking for advice, I have recently bought a trike for friend as a delivery vehicle. This is based on a 1991 XJ600 diversion with a solid rear end. It has a large box on the rear but the rear wheels were off a Ford fiesta/focus as are the disc (Rotor) hubs. So I have just fitted some adaptors with spinners and chrome wire wheels from an Aston Martin. These look great but then found out that there were never any laced front wheels for this bike. So can anyone help? I have searched a while and even found a picture of a divvy 600 with a spoked or laced wheel. Sadly could not find out how the guy did this.
My friend sent his licence off to DVLA for renewal and it came back without the motorcycle part on it, This is quite common in the UK so it means resitting your test which is not going to happen as he is now 65, so he is restricted to trikes until he can find proof of passing the test 48 years ago. The hard rear means looking for a soft seat so any help here would be appreciated.

Best regards to all and keep safe

Dan

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login