Introduction

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Cali92xj600
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello,

Ive been reading this forum for a few months now. So much good knowledge here Im so glad to have found it.

I live in the Bay Area, California. I have a 92 XJ 600 my wife won for me at auction for 100$. It came wrecked with bent forks and handlebars, but only 2000 miles on the odometer. I found alot of good how to's here and slowly I have gotten her rideable. Ordered a set of forks from ebay (They came without springs) that took a minute to figure out why my xj wouldnt set right with the kickstand lol. I ordered a new handlebars set from ebay as well. Changed the oil and filter, primed and etched the gas tank (wow that worked great) and she fired right up and is a blast to ride.

I'm working on getting some fairings and other missing parts. I could not find a set of rear brake pads anywhere in stock so I made my own (until I order some). I know they are only ten bucks but I wanted to ride and needed brakes so it was practical to make my own.

Trying to work out the last few issues I got to fix and I couldnt have gotten this far without this forum.

Thanks.

Cali92Xj600

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login