Hello from Michigan.

Introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, what you ride, and share your favorite picture.
NorthWhiteWolf
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Michigan, US
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1982 XJ750J

Hello from Michigan.

Post by NorthWhiteWolf » Fri May 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Hello, my name is Adam ( as go by White Wolf). I just bought my first motorcycle. I have had my CY endorsement for more than 5 years. I am Third Generation Biker ( On my Mom's side). My grand father even made local newspaper (early 1990's) when at age 82 ( or so) was still riding a Harley Road Glide to work :clap: . I have a XJ750J. Am a Firefighter/EMS with South Torch Lake Fire & Rescue (Alden, Michigan). Work as a LegalShield​ Associate and Security Agent at a Local resort. :twocents:
Adam Shaffer "White Wolf"
LegalShield​ Sr. Assiocte
XJ750J owner
Mancelona, MI ( but claim Alden MI)

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n

Re: Hello from Michigan.

Post by mikee112 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:09 am

Hey Adam, Welcome to the forum :)

SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Region or State: Michigan
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 & '93 Yamaha XJ600S, '74 Suzuki TS185 Sierra

Post by SpeedRacerOnline » Sat May 13, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Adam! Welcome to XJRider...from Michigan! Glad I'm not the only one from the frozen North anymore! I'm down in the thumb, fairly close to Saginaw. I'm a third gen rider too, but I'm the first to be much of a road rider. We do a lot of riding dirt bikes and snowmobiles on the trails up around the Tawas/Oscoda area. My Grandpa sounds a lot like yours. We celebrated his 80th birthday with a snowmobile trip where he surprised me by still setting a 70+ mph pace! Sadly, he passed last summer, but the family keeps riding. Anyway, glad you're here!
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha Seca II

Post by TonyKZ1 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the site!
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.