Hi from Portugal

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
granado69
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi guys,

My name is João and I'm from Portugal.
I've been riding motorcycles for about 7 years. Started commuting on my old little Honda CLR125 but the engine suffered a lot at motorway speeds

In December 2015 bought my 1993 Yamaha XJ600 S Diversion for 600€.The bike had been converted to naked (incomplete conversion, only fairing removed and added the round headlight, no gauges at all) but the seller included the complete fairing.
I soon added a cheap chinese "dashboard"
The bike also had been converted to single exhaust silencer and the center stand removed in the process (sadly the center stand was not included)
Other modifications included wider motocross handlebars and questionable taste orange painted wheels.

I rode the bike changing only the oil and filter, spark plugs, front and read brake pads and rear tyre until 31 July 2016 when I crashed doing 150km/h (93mph)
Has a result of this crash I broke a finger and had quite severe road rash on my right hand and knee (My Clover Tornado Jacket has done a real good job protecting my torso but my summer leather gloves were not up to the task sliding in the tarmac at 150km/h)
The bike suffered from a broken headlight, broken chain, bent handlebar, bent passenger right grab handle, scufed front mudguard and rear right fairing, a little dent on the tank, broken exhaust can, opened a hole in the front brake fluid reservoir cover and worst of all the damage to the engine that you can see in the picture below:

The engine runs but leaks oil like crasy so I found a great deal: bought a used engine, handlebar, seat and front brake master for 210€

About a month ago I started the process of putting my beloved bike back on the road swaping the engine, front brake master and handlebar, new chain and battery and managed to do a redneck repair to the exhaust can.

I also puted the fairing back on and this is how she sits now:

Not finished but back on the road. ;)

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login