Hello from Britain (and yeah, it's raining.)

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
etch
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi,

I'm joining up - and I never, ever, join forums - because I've been lurking here for a few weeks before purchasing a 1999 XJ600 'Diversion' as they are known here. 'They're pretty unremarkable bikes' I was told, 'Reliable, but dull. A bit like a beige Honda.' This person missed the point: I was looking for cheap and reliable transport, not a Harley. This forum convinced me there was some merit in the decades old bag of bolts.

Of course, I was astounded that such a community could exist around a dull bike. So I go the beast home, and quickly realised that not only is this bike a dream to work on, it's also work that you can dream about. I started looking at paint, mods and spares. I read the Hayne's manual. I tidied my workshop.

So yeah, I'm here out of admiration of your beautifully styled rides, out of thanks for persuading me to buy this gracious machine, and to share my progress as I get her back in shape.

Etch.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login