New Seca Owner

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
jake_zx2
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hey guys! Thanks for the add! I live in pennsylvania, but I am currently stationed in germany. Just picked up my Seca II about a week ago in my hometown. Cosmetically, it's not too pretty (had this terrible, ill-fitting vinyl wrap on it and just isn't very pretty in general), but it runs like a champ! Currently working on stripping down the bike, repairing some minor cracked fairings, painting, and reassembling. Couple questions: First, I'm not sure what year the bike is... I bought it as a 96 (the title says 96, but title has switched hands multiple times and between states, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone lost a title or if there was a miscommunication somewhere) but according to the VIN decoder on the website, I have a 98. The confusing part, is that all the visual cues point to the bike being a 96. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on what year my bike actually is. Second, during de-assembly, I heard a rattling in the tank. I was able to shake out what was stuck in there, and these 2 little pieces popped out (pic attached). Anyone have any idea what these are? perhaps part of a floater mechanism?
Photo on 3-6-17 at 10.55 AM.jpg
Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login