New Member - Here to Learn from XJRiders - Feb 2017

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Posbike
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and having a good start to the new year. My name is Al, I am from MN, USA. I am a project manager for a technology company. I am a fairly new rider. My favorite ride so far has been with a group of people from a local shop, we went down to Stillwater MN, and rode around the St. Croix River. It wasn't much, but it was nice. I plan to have much better rides this year!

I initially was looking for a classic car to work on, as I had that itch to work on something and get my hands dirty like I used to before warranties and new cars happened.

I accidentally came across a listing for a bike when looking at Jaguar XJ12's. Money was tight of course, so I was really looking hard and long.

One day in my searches, I came across a listing for a bike near me and it was the perfect fit for me. I have always wanted a bike, but could not settle with just one style of bike and I knew it had to have a unique look. The bike was much cheaper than buying a classic car, and would satisfy my need to work on/fix something.

So, I bought the POS bike, literally. It runs fine but needs a new petcock or a petcock rebuild. I have not done all of the troubleshooting to determine if the petcock itself is bad but I saw some posts regarding a Acerbis and Yamaha Raptor petcocks that may be better/cheaper and time efficient options (not sure what model year). I look forward to this and learning more!

My goals/interests for this year are:

Attend bike week in Daytona March 11th through 19th - I can't wait until summer to ride so I am using this as a reason :)
Re-build or replace petcock very soon. It's "warm" here in MN this week, 40F so I plan to get my hands dirty and see what I can find at the local shops and online
Replace Fuel filter
Wait for the first hard rain fall and street sweepers then ride and ride and ride, I can't get enough and that's all I can think about.
Learning from everyone here!
Shout out to Radare!

I look forward to reviewing the posts and hearing from anyone that may be able to share their experiences.

- Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can call me Al, no one can hear me or see me but you"
93 Xj600 Seca II
16 Yamaha FZ 07
83 Kawasaki KZ 750 Twin
14 Honda CRD 250L
20 Kawasaki Z H2
22 Vanderhall Venice

Attended University of YouTube

This topic has 33 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login