Young and Eager, XJ from Louisiana, USA

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
JK318
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey everyone, my name is Jeff.

I am about to be 19 next Sunday, and I am looking forward to communicating on here with everyone :) maybe i can learn a little while I'm here.

I got a black 92 XJ600 from my step-dad, and the only problem with it he says is that the starter is not meeting up with the flywheel(I'm guessing since that is what it is in a car). It is my understanding that you have to tear the block down to change out the flywheel, so sounds like I am about to embark on an adventure. :)

Once the I finish up the engine swap in my car, I plan on doing the tear down on the bike. I also have to replace the fork seals before I can ride it :( . Can anyone offer any advice on a good manual to buy and use during the tear down? Also, why you would choose it rather then another. Also, if anyone knows a great place to get parts that would also help a lot as well.

Plan on getting a pic up once I get back to my house.

Looking forward to talking to everyone on here and maybe one day meeting a few of you :thumbsup:

**EDIT**
Ok, so i was reading around a little and I am guessing the gear I was talking about is in fact the 'starter gear'? If anyone could confirm that I would be very appreciative :D , also how hard is it to change it? Any advice? Also, what about changing out the fork seals? How hard would it be for someone new to motorcycles? Difficulty is the problem because I love to learn, but more or less trying to judge on how long it will take me to accomplish the job. :)

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login