New owner in Bay Area

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Theo
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello all,

Just got a 1993 Seca II (California Model) for what I thought was a really great price of $500. The bike has 42,000 miles and as I've been finding out, in not so great condition. Super difficult to start when cold, the engine leaks oil, the petcock has a slow drip from the lever, the rear caliper I just discovered today leaks a little, the sprockets need to be replaced and the valves have never been adjusted. But it runs and can really pull when you get the rpm's up. The bike looks really bad but that's kind of how I like it. No need to worry about polishing anything or if something gets scratched.

Anyway, my plan is to slowly go through it and make it safe. One question I have is with that many miles on the engine and no valve adjustments, is this a lost cause? Should I not put any money in to it or is there hope?

Thanks for the great site,
Theo

1993 Yamaha XJ600SC

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login