Hello from Romania

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hi everyone, my name is Ciprian, im 28 yo and i have a 1997 XJ 600N witch i bought in 2011 for 1000 Euro+250 Euro taxes and registration, but havent ridden it last year because of some problems with it and not having time to fix it (had to work on the new house), its sitting in the livingroom since. After i bought it i had to change the chain because it was rusted, fork seals and i sincronised the carbs.
The problems that i have are a valve cleareance check, its got a ticking noise, cracked admision galery gaskets witch made it very lean running and sluggish acceleration, needs new tires, (this ones are from 2002 :o and it slides even if i downshift and let go of the clutch), i have to change the brake pads and i want to get some NGK CR8EIX Iridium spark plugs (anyone got those?).
Today i bought new mirrors, because the old ones had some metal pieces in them and from vibrations it scratched them from inside and i cracked one when i tried to take the mirror off.
Ill put some pics after i learn how :oops:
PS: This is the best forum for the xj and i learned alot about engines and bikes. :thumbsup: thanks
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips
-Pipercross air filter

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login