New rider in Colorado

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Jeramotion
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

Hello all, I'm Jeremiah from Aurora, Colorado.

First I gotta say, this is awesome, THANK YOU for continuing this awesome community and wealth of knowledge. When the spam bots attacked, I was pretty disappointed. I had only been on the old forum for a few months, lurking and getting info on how to fix up my bike. :leak:

I took a Motorcycle Riders Class this summer at the urging of my mom of all people. My dad has been a Harley rider for years, and my mom wanted to get her license too, and she had the brilliant idea that it would be fun for the family to all get licenses. So without a second thought, my girlfriend, Kim and I both signed up with my mom and took a class. A weekend later we were all licenses riders. Then we began the search for our first bikes. Coincidentally, Kim and I both found used Seca II's on Craigslist that were in the right price range. We weren't necessarily looking for Seca's, just bikes that would fit our needs. So I got a kinda rough '93 for $700 and she got a very nice '92 for $1200. Both are red, well mine's more pinkish...

I've been giving her some TLC for the last few months: Replaced the wrecked front fairing/headlight/guages with dual 5 3/4" headlights, similar to the Axtec8 kit only for a heck of a lot cheaper, I just got a couple side mount Bikers Choice headlights, and bolted them together, then attached them to the fork tubes with some generic brackets. Attached the front turn signals to the fork tubes with some similar brackets. I found an Acewell 2802 on Ebay and mounted it up. I've been finding all kinds of little parts and whatnot on Ebay. Let's hope that they haven't been coming off stolen bikes....
I've recovered the seat, replaced the tires, replaced the battery, converted the rear turn signals to brake/running/turn lights using a trailer wiring harness and some red paint for the lenses. I've bought a chain and sprockets too, they're the next project. There are a few other little details I've fixed too.

Anyway, thanks again. :grins:
My '93 when I bought her.
Mine after some work. (not up-to-date)
Her '92 when she bought her.
Together. (not updated pictures)

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login