Hello All!!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
rizaa
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello All,

First of all, i'd like to thank all the guys that had listed the information for troubleshooting and diy's. I used that to clean up the bike that i picked up. This is my fourth bike. My first one was a 92 cbr 600 f2, 01 r6, and a 98 cbr 600 F3. I picked up this red 92 XJ600 about 2 months ago from my buddy who had the bike sitting for the last 6 years. I got it for a decent price and thought that it would be a good way to get back into riding since i haven't ridden in years. The bike itself has v&h full exhaust, K&L air filter, front and rear steel braided brake lines, and FZR rear wheel. Since it had been sitting for a while, the battery was dead, the front brake master cylinder glass was cracked and the tank had rust in it. This is what i have done so far :) .

The list begins
New spark plugs
Cleaned the K&N and oiled it
cleaned up the exhaust
New oil filter
New oil
used front brake master cylinder
bled the front and rear brakes with new DOT4 fluid
Replaced the carb boots for all four carbs
New battery
Polished the fairings
Cleaned the carb using the pine sol method and replaced a few items in the carbs that needed
Adjusted the floats using the wet method
Replaced the Petcok seals using K&L kit - but the gas still leaks through
Bought an inline shutoff valve which needs to go in.
Replaced the fuel filter with an inline filter
Cleaned the tank with rust remover which did an awesome job
Bought FZR 600 front end (Forks, wheel with BT045, both disk rotors, both brake calipers, both brake lines, speedo sensor and cable, wheel axle, front fender with brace.

Waiting for the carb synchronizer to arrive to synch the carbs after i install #20 pilot jets which are on order as well. Also i will be converting my XJ to naked style i will be getting rid of the front fairing, windshield, fairing stay, as well as front forks, tire fender (really good condition), wheel with disk rotor, front steel braided brake line. If anyone is interested in any item, PM me and we can work out a price for the item plus shipping.

I know everyone always wants to see pics of the bike, but unfortunately i won't be able to post up any since the bike is in pieces. Once i do put everything together then i'll load up the pics.

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login