New 'round these parts.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
nwatkins
New to XJR
New to XJR

Salutations everyone!

I have been a member for a little bit now. I purchased my 93 XJ from another soldier here in Hawaii for $400. Of course he said "all" that was needed was some brakes and she is good to go....Long story short, as I am sure you know how this story goes, there was alot more that needed to be done. Some of it was needed, some of it was simply because I felt like it. I like to tinker around on the ole sinister kid to take my mind off things.

Yes I know, the lil' ole' XT is a little neglected. Don't worry, I have plans for her too. That is the bike I first learn to ride on some 6 or so years ago. She has been to hell and back! The wife wants to learn to ride and I will get it going so she can learn on it just as I did.

Here is the XJ now. Still needs alot of work. New tires, fork seals, battery etc. I the seat that's on here is the "two up" seat. Its the same length as the original (minus maybe a 1/2 inch) for the wifey. She wanted something with a little back to it. I am going to fab up another seat that extends just beyond the end of the frame where the tail lights are. I think it will look a little better.

EDIT: Thank you Slimtech for helping with my image issue!

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login