New guy

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
xjniner
New to XJR
New to XJR

Got my first XJ recently from a buddy. 1992 XJ600. Needed lots of work but the price was right and i like projects. I'm not really experienced when it comes to working on bikes so i've been using this blog to help me along the way with replacing seals on the fork, replacing rear tire, painting the bike, get ideas for new headlight and gauges since like a typical XJ it didn't have a front fairing anymore and the headlight looks terrible. I really like the classic round headlight "streetfighter" look so that's what i'm working on right now.
Just got my headlight in the mail today but still waiting on my front turn signals before i begin the remodel. It's my daily driver since i commute about 20mi each way to work and the bike averages about 50mpg.
I have no experience w/ wiring anything so i'm hoping to find some help w/ that using XJrider. Also having trouble finding chronometric speedometers for a decent price so if anyone knows a good website to find them or a digital at a decent price i'd really appreciate it. Hard to get the wife to OK spending much on the old girl when we're just about to have our first child here in the next two months.

Had trouble logging into Gallery to add photo. Will add later.
To everyone who has posted their how-tos i extend my heartfelt thanks!

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login