New to forum from Central NJ

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
DebNJ
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi everyone! Glad I found this forum. Of the 5 Yamahas I've owned since I started riding 30 years ago, 3 of them have been XJ Seca models ('81 XJ550 with white/red fairing, a 93 XJ600 dark green, and now a black '95 XJ600). Secas are my favorite for riding position, handling, and just being an all around great bike. Last month I bought the 95 Seca II, with only 2800 miles, for $570 on ebay. I took a chance and fortunately the engine had compression. However, it was way under-appreciated and neglected by it's previous owner :cry: so actually I think of it as a rescued Seca ;)

So right now this Seca is a restoration in progress...the carburetors are being overhauled and pretty much any rubber- hoses, fork seals, etc are being replaced...
:tool: looking for an original windshield- anyone have an extra to sell or know where I can get one aside from new Yamaha OEM or the MRA? I've been checking ebay and craigslist.

All the Best-
Deb

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login