New to forum in Pa.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Crankthat
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Just wanted to say hello. Hello!
just bought a Seca and its in pieces and i mean pieces, its a frame, harness, the engine is complete, not sure of maintenance that was done on it but will figure that out when i get there. Air box(needs new boots), tires, sprockets ,bars, carbs (just cleaned by me),Swing arm and a big box of nuts and bolts and other miscellaneous parts.
Will probably buy K-N pods for it but that will depend if i can find good info on re-jetting for them.
Its a basket case and i mean that cause you could fit most of the parts in a bunch of baskets.
The faring is cracked and has some serious road burn so most likely will be a street fighter type look when finished as i know the price of plastic can be rather expensive not that new gauges and such are not but would upgrade anyways.
Bought the parts with title for a hundred even. Seemed like a steal as long as no serious motor problems!
owned a seca before until i hit a deer at about 80mph got lucky there, didn't see it till it was right in front of me at about a foot so i never hit the brakes and able to plow through it without laying bike down, couldn't walk for a couple of months but noting broke on me. Bike not so lucky or the deer for that matter.
It was a fun bike don't think i could ever get it over 127mph but a lot of fun in the twisties.
Working on a 81 GS550 right now that i had given to a buddy years ago he rode for about a year and has been sitting for about 6. Needs new rings, tires, and bits and pieces here and there but a lot less work then the seca.
My current ride is a 81 gs 750, great bike i have a buddy with a Honda 600r he is much quicker then me but i can always catch him in the long run. (higher top speed)
Also have a 550 nighthawk that i am going to part out i think its a 84. Road it a little and didn't like it at all.
Well that's all to say for now, will be looking for advice when done with the 550. :trike:

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login