Speed Johnson

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Speed Johnson
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I've had my 95 SECA II for about 3 months now. The bike actually "started" life as a 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT. Traded it straight up, car ran like dung, bike needed carbs cleaned

So I've been slowly putting away at it with spare cash and time

Existing issues:
- Gummed up carbs. Took the airbox off and it turned out to be only the 3rd one from the left that was stuck open
- Needs a new rear brake
- Gas tank leaks

I cleaned the carbs best I could without taking them out. Previous owner stripped the phillips bit screws pretty much everywhere, so hope its good!

Haven't changed the brake yet, will soon though

Took the gas tank off and it was COVERED in all sorts of bonding agents, some clear, some amber, some black. Quite a mess. I ended up sanding off 75% of it and found two good size holes. Cleaned off the surrounding paint and my brother is going to weld a patch

I ended up using the holes to clean out the tank. There was easily 4 ounces of rust that came pouring out

The bike was a dropped on both sides (again, previous owner), nothing broken, but a few scrapes and dents

I removed the front fairing and gauge assembly. I just got a new street fighter head light unit, not happy with it. Got it on ebay from ozg-motors, its a grade above junk. But I'm gonna throw it on for the time being

And so thats it so far

heres some pics: I tried to use the uploader from this site, but my pics were to big I guess

I really have no clue what I'm talking about. But maybe I do?

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login