Figured I would reintroduce Myself

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Super-Mario
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hey guys My name is Mario (was on the other forum as 250mar) and I just recently obtained my first Seca from an interesting story. My fathers friend (Neighbor) had given it to my dad a while ago after he took a spill on it and didnt want to fix it. My ad took it just for the motor which he wanted to make a gokart out of. 6 years later and a few broken dreams, he still didnt do anything with it. I told him I was looking for a bike and he offered it to me.

I pulled it out from the shed and to my amazement it fired right up, but gas was dumping out all over the place from the left carbs. I pulled the float covers off and cleaned them real good in hopes of avoiding taking the whole thing apart. It worked and ran great, I took it up and down the street and was happy with the way it ran so I figured I would fix her up! :). Well about a week later I went to start her up again but she was only firing on two cylinders again. I faced the inevitable and took all the carbs apart and cleaned them. She seemed to like that and has been running awesome since then!

Like I said he fell on it before giving it away. The tank was smashed on the right side and most of the plastics were cracked, but the rest of the bike was in nice condition. Luckily my dad owns his own auto body shop and he did a great job fixing the stuff for me. I ended up putting two tires on it, brakes, a new headlight, changed the oil, new bars etc. The exhaust was completely cover in surface rust so I wire wheeled it down and coated it with some header paint(holding up good so far). I took off the old cluster becuse it was just to bulky. I might just go with a trailtech for the time being. thanks to everyone for the help on fitment etc. anyways Here she is!

-Mario

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login