Hello from Missouri

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
904seca
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hello!

New to the forum from Kansas City. My first bike was a 92 Seca II and I regret parting with it. Well here I am in my old age I came upon another one that I thought I had to have, and got cheaply because it "wouldn't start" but would run. Well, I dropped a couple of bills and trailered home another 92 Seca II, faded red with scars rash and some signs of neglect.

Got it in the garage and realized the depth of the feces pile that I am in. My first bike was a trouble free, fun to ride great communter machine. I had my rose colored glasses on when I bought this one...

Now that I'm in the pile and have torn into the machine I'll tell you all what I have found. The fuel tank has some kind of cream colored sealant inside, covering rust. Petcoque was stuck, and leaks like a seive when fluid is in the tank. Fuel pump doesn't seem strong enough to get gas to the fuel rail (no gas to the carbs.) When the fuel is added to the rail by gravity, it sputters and shakes and won't run.

I have a long road ahead...and my dream of another trouble free commuter ride is turning to a nightmare. I'd love to hear any suggestions, thoughts, anything at all. I'll be posting a bit until I get this rolling, or sell it for parts because I have pulled all my hair out.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login