Another member in CO!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
SoloSeca
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Greetings all!

What a great site. I've been digging around occasionally since getting my 93 Seca II last year. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to the info available here!

I've put on 5k miles since September. My weekly average did dip a bit over the winter but I was still riding about a tank's worth most of the time... what a mild winter we had out here! Coldest morning start was about 25 F, and since I still haven't mounted my heated grip kit I can only handle 25-30minutes in those temps. Fortunately that's the length of my commute! [The long way, natch!]

Riding background: bit of neighborhood dirtbiking and scooters back in high school, then nothing til maybe '06(?) when I got the itch again and bought a Honda XR250R. Bombed around the mountains a few times per year with a friend or two, then lost touch and didn't have a trailer to get up to the hills, so the bike sat. And sat. In fact it's still in the shed as a sad reminder to how much I've neglected it.
:oops:

Gotta sell that thing... Anyway, last year I got motivated again, found my Seca for a good price (in my favorite factory color option - green!), took the MSF class and was finally out there on the road, all legal and stuff. Been trying to rack up the miles and improve my skills ever since. There's a great resource out there for folks looking to get into motorcycling, http://www.beginnerbikers.org. They've changed forms and evolved a bit over the years, but I've been part of that group for about a decade now, and lots of the original members are still there. That place was instrumental in helping me make good decisions about riding (dirt or street), training, good bikes to start on, gear, etc. etc.

Finally took my baby to the shop yesterday and learned my, uh, enthusiasm may have been a bit excessive. Brake pads pretty much gone, and I need to replace the front rotor. Getting a full service up at Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, along with the rotor (I'm sourcing that), brake pads and hydros f/r, valve adjustment, new chain, new tires (trying to decide which), and they'll take a peek at a possible very slight oil leak near the clutch cover (mech. thought it might around a couple of the cover's little bolt heads). Probably going to cost almost what I paid for the bike, but I'll have peace of mind and be good to go for summer. May even be taking a ride down to Durango in a couple weeks with folks from that BeginnerBikers forum. Meanwhile it's weird to go in the garage and not see my bike - and it's only been a day!!

Oh right, a favorite picture... I don't have any good ones of me and the Seca yet, so here's a random fave: the internals of... no wait - I know what bike this is... do you? :?:

Wish I'd known about the recent rally, I would've definitely been there!

Cheers folks!
Try to flow

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login