Signing in from Minnesota!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
bmdragos
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for quite some time now and thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

I'm from Minnesota and I am a student studying finance. Even though I've always thought motorcycles were awesome, for some reason i thought i could never own one. So I get to college and two weeks in my buddy is selling his 1975 honda cb750 bobber he's had for a day! I asked my parents if I could buy it and when they said no I did it anyway! I figured I was 18 so I might as well start becoming my own person sooner or later. I FELL IN LOVE WITH MOTORCYCLES AT THIS POINT. I quickly taught myself how to ride and then found every excuse I could to get back on two wheels. After about a year and lump of money sunk into the bike (It being an older bike and custom required quite a bit of money for maintenance and finishing touches) I decided to sell it and get something more reliable and newer. After some searching I found my seca II, just a little ways a way and for what i thought was for a steal, $1200! The guy before me had already taken off the front fairings and put on the new headlight, as well as swapped out the front end with the FZR600 one. Without a second thought my buddy and I took his truck out and picked it up, too bad it was in January so I couldn't ride it right away :evil: Fast forward another year and here I am, still riding my 1996 Seca II and still loving it. I've become a lot more comfortable doing all my own work on the bike, I had no money to pay someone to do it so I had no other option but to learn everything myself, and thanks to sites like this it was possible!

So that's my story! Enough about me though, lets get to the goods right? Here are the pictures of my bike over the past year and a half now.

This one is the most recent picture with everything complete so far. Including the copper tank cap and triple trees.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login