New Here

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Luke
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Just joined this forum last night, I have owned two seca's over the last 18 or so years that i've been riding. A 91 yellow seca and currently a 92 red seca. The first seca was purchased used in Baton Rouge LA. from a yamaha dealer when I was working down there years ago. It was purely stock and was layed down once. I think i paid $1500 for it can't remember though. I had it for about 4-5 years and sold it on Ebay for $600. I was then riding a yamaha tt350 duel sport until 2 years ago when i wanted to get back on the highway. I found the red one i'm currently riding on Ebay for $400 in Indiana. Seems a fellow bought it new, put a 1100 miles on it then stored it in a shed for many years till he died. The heir to to his estate found the bike and tried to get it running with no luck and broke a few bolts on the carbs trying to clean them. He gave up and his wife said it had to go, so he listed it on Ebay. No one bid on it but me and I drove to northern Indiana to fetch it. It was practically new with only 1100 miles on it. I did have to get the carbs fixed for $100 at my local yamaha shop in Rolla MO. It has quite a bit of rust from sitting in a shed. I also installed two new tires. I rode it for the last two years as stock but after getting alot of poor comments from Harley riders I have decided to customize it this past winter. It is a work in progress.
I would like to thank all the members on this forum for their ideas and the pictures they posted as it has helped me out with this project over the winter.

I have removed the front wind shield & fairing, turn signals, and mirrors. I have installed new leak proof fork seals, carb boots, and purchased bar end mirrors. I have a Harley sportster headlight and brow that was given to me this week that needs to be installed. I also need a new tail light assembly , turn signals, and gauges. I hope I can meet some of the other members of this forum in my area to ride with.
Regards
Luke

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login