New guy in MN

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Bill_Brasky
New to XJR
New to XJR

I bought a '92 XJ600 two weeks ago (Easter Day) off Craigslist for the astronomical price of $350. I've been looking for a bike to commute back and forth to work with and it will fit the bill quite nicely. Bike had sat for a while and the carbs looked like some biological experiment gone wrong. I've gone through them (Radare's write-ups were great!!) and got the bike running pretty good. Then it has sat for a few days and filled the number 3 or 4 cylinder up with gas.....enough to hyrolock the engine when I tried to start it. So, I'm trying to figure that one out right now.

Anyhow, it's my first streetbike, but I worked at a Honda and Yamaha dealership for several years during college, so I've had the fortune to ride many, many streetbikes, but mainly only for short distances. Oddly enough, a used Seca II we had one time was one of my fav's...mainly for the great ergos.

I grew up with dirt bikes and got into ATV's in my late teens and raced a lot of MX through my early 20's. I'm also an avid snowmobiler. These days I'm a mechanical engineer by trade.

Here is the bike:

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login