Hello from Portugal as well

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
ruimarto
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi,

I believe I'm number 3 from Portugal! I used to go everyday to Lisbon, which has great weather, lots of clogged up roads and parking price skyrocketed (if you can find it) so why not a bike? I must confess my first options where the legendary (at least around here) CB500 and the NTV650, but being the former overpriced and the latter very rare, I went with a XJ600S Diversion.

The 95 XJ costed 800€ (1000USD) with 60.000 Km (37K miles) so I thought it was a fair deal. Now it has about 55000 miles and I'm thinking about keeping it, so have to do some work on it. I already had to fix the fuel pump and replace transmission (the engine sprocket came loose and the nut cannot be screwed again), now oil keeps leaking.

Anyway, what brought me to this forum was both radare bikes. I saw the red and I loved the bike! It's exactly what I wanted to do with mine (reminds me one of my fav bikes, the Ducati Monster). Then, when searching for how to do it I stumbled on his new mousetrap project.
I don't have many resources nor money, but I was hoping to get it ready to do another 50K miles so I can take it to the U.S. (if I succeed in moving there). So let me get started on a "bike saving topic". :)

Btw, my XJ is grey/silver but I find it rather dull.

Best regards everyone!

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login