New Rider On A '96 Seca II

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
flatfour02
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello everyone. As stated, I'm a brand new rider, and owner of a 1996 Seca II. I've never ridden, or even sat on a motorcycle before buying this one about a month ago. I've got my permit, and I'm scheduled to take a safety course at the end of October.
As far as background is concerned, I am an Industrial Maintenance Technician, of about 8 years. I'm also an automotive hobbyist of about 10 years, dealing with all sorts of different systems on vehicles over the years, up to and including rebuilding engines. It should be quite obvious by now that I enjoy wrenching and troubleshooting, since I do it as both a profession and a hobby. I look forward to wrenching on my Yamaha, and also getting to know the folks here on xjrider.com. Being an auto hobbyist, I understand the importance of the support offered by forums like this, as I've belonged to a forum on just about every single vehicle I've ever owned. Looking forward to hearing from you all, I'll try get pictures uploaded as soon as possible, but I currently have the carburetors off my Seca at the moment do to an intermittent starting and rough idle condition. Cheers

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login