James!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
92Xj600syracuse
New to XJR
New to XJR

Well all, where do I begin....
Last fall, I saw an ad on CL Syracuse for a 92 seca ii. $1000. Not a horrible price I thought, for my first road bike. (Plenty off off-road use) Well, I had to pass. Finances demand attention at times.
Well, spring rolls in, and I get a message. The buyer of the bike kept my number, in case he had second thoughts. Which, as it turns out, he did.... After he cleaned the carbs. And couldn't get it running. Well, he offered me the bike for 500. I went to look, and sealed the deal. Then, I replaced the c-clip on the choke pull, so that it actually worked, and started the bike :thumbsup: needless to say he wasn't too enthused, but stuck by the deal and we have become OK friends at this point.
So, it runs and rides, needs some love, normal things....
Well. In Syracuse CL I notice an ad.
98 seca ii. $100 for parts, due to head gasket damage. New front tire.
I hopped on it, for random parts and the tire alone. Turns out, he had caught the outside curb on a turn, highsided. The curb, well it did some damage to the side. But.... The only damage to the head was the valve cover. GASKET. He had knocked in the halfcircle section over the camshaft ends. I removed the cover, reset the gasket, replaced the cover, and she runs! A little rough, carbs I'm guessing got knocked around, and there's air bubbles! in the gas line which I'm sure are part of the problem with low rpm and power.
Long (sorry) story short, hey guys! Just picked up TWO secas and an extra engine (bad 2nd gear) for 600 American smackers.
Figured I could use the help with some things, shared knowledge and all that.
I'm mechanically inclined. Engines are like Legos to me. But, the model specific knowledge found here, the enthusiasm cannot be replaced, and I aim to give as much as I ask to get.
Wrong forum, but I also have my 3000gt vr4.
And a gy6 shenke.
And a 110cc 4spd pocket bike....
And now two seca ii.

I need a bigger garage....

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login