Hello from Missouri

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
HillbillyDeluxe
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hey everybody, i made an account here a couple weeks back but have just now got around to posting. Looks to be a lot of useful info and knowledgeable people here, and im looking forward to taking part, though I've never been a member of a forum before so ill probably be a bit slow on the uptake. Been riding for a couple of years now, but mostly off-road on my first bike, a 77 Kawasaki KE250 I've restored (to a degree). I recently bought a 95 XJ600 Seca II on impulse from a friend, with the intention of fixing it up and getting into street riding. It sat for awhile before i got it, and though I've had it running and even rode it around some its got issues, both cosmetically and mechanically. Its been laid down pretty good on the right side, with damage to the can, bars, fairing, peg and some other bits, and is outright missing the fairings/covers over the sides and tail. In addition, some jackass spray painted black over the factory red paint on the tank and front fender. Ill post some pictures once i figure it out. It also seems to be running very lean, will barely idle and when you give it any throttle at all it dies, though it gets better after its warmed up. I suspect I need to do a more thorough cleaning of the carbs other that taking the bowls and air box off and spraying them down with brake clean. It also has a V&H 4 into 1 exhaust, so it could be i need to re-jet to get it running 100%. It also has a couple of minor wiring/electrical issues i'm not to concerned about and should be easy to fix, whenever i get the motivation to do so anyway. Winter sucks. I think that was everything, now to figure out the pictures so you guys can see my not-so-lovely pieces of machinery.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login