New (old) user, rider, Seca II owner

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
pagrus
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi it's Paul here.

I guess I actually registered a while ago but never introduced myself so here I am. I live in San Francisco and just started a moto maintenance class here at the junior college. The class is great but my instructor is only one guy so I'll probably need some additional help?

In any case I'm a relatively new rider (~5 years @ age 40+) and have never ridden a motorcycle outside of the safety class I took to get my moto endorsement.

Anyway. A few years ago we acquired a Seca II from a FoaF and it's been sitting in our garage since then. The guy we got it from sat on it for a few years before that so it is definitely in need of some TLC.

I was able to start it in class yesterday which was pretty exciting. Next week I'm going to try to get into the carbs and see if they need anything, then replace the fork seals. Then I have no idea. The previous owner took off the front fairing and instruments so maybe I'll try to find a speedo at least?

I have a few pictures too, maybe I'll try to figure out how to post them inline.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login