My 94 XJ

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Bellatrix1138
New to XJR
New to XJR

Here's a Before

Here's how it is currently after I bought it, repainted, and took off some bits

It has its issues as any bike does. It's turn signals will only work when spliced into another wire (was spliced into headlight) I think it has something to do with the flasher Relay, curiously a 97 relay will make the signals work(when spliced) while the one that was in it won't...but it should have... even got a replacement that didn't work, I'm guessing bad connection, or relay, or just grounding wires.

It's carb's were just resynced but now its running at a way too high of a idle usually around 3000 to 4000 rpm even with Idle screw turned to low. To much Air mix maybe?

I have a few more things I will do to it, like putting some 97 pieces on it to cover the recifier and the other wires on each side where the side fairings were(I just didn't like the look of them), some saddle bags will be on it, and I also intend to change the fairing to a FZ6 600 fairing, the early 90's variant where the headlights between XJ and FZR were similar. I'll probably make a post on the help section about the indicators and idle issues. But any thoughts to add anyone?
Last edited by Bellatrix1138 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login