For the Love of the Ride - An XJRider Exclusive

Share your photos, videos and other media.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:21 pm

I have been gathering videos and ideas for some time for a project I've entitled "For the Love of the Ride". When done, it'll explore my love of riding and why I feel the Seca II has a soul. Here's the introduction; its short, but its also a start. Give it a look and tell me what you think. I'd also like ideas as to what things you all think should be in a video on such a topic.

So here you go; the 23-second introduction to the future effort, For the Love of the Ride:

uQNgXyu00Mk

fabiostar
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: northern ireland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: vtr 1000 firestorm. 1994 600 diversion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:36 am

nice one sir..
places to visit.
onboard shots.
before and after shots of modded bikes?
today is the start of the rest of my life..

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 am

Love the "into" and then "Back out" of focus.... may have to steal that idea, once the weather improves ;)

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
United States of America

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:48 am

mikee112 wrote:Love the "into" and then "Back out" of focus.... may have to steal that idea, once the weather improves ;)
It's pretty easy to do. I set up my Canon DSLR on the tripod and used it since I could control its focus.

wzc0014
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Auburn, AL
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Seca II

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Nice video! Interested to see where this is going. I like the visuals so far. Will it be all riding? I think you should add some parts working on your XJ because that is a huge part of the experience IMO.

(And not to be nitpicky with grammar but, is it An Radare or A Radare?)

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
United States of America

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:03 pm

wzc0014 wrote:Nice video! Interested to see where this is going. I like the visuals so far. Will it be all riding? I think you should add some parts working on your XJ because that is a huge part of the experience IMO.

(And not to be nitpicky with grammar but, is it An Radare or A Radare?)
I expect to have some parts with me working on the bike and riding it and such. I think the next scene will be video of me performing maintenance on the bike and showing it from a much more pesonal point of view.

This video will be much more experience centric and centered around the XJ and XJRider. I'll be filming and assembling it as I move through the spring.

I pronounce my username as "Are-uh-dare" so the an fits. But visually, I think you're right. A Radare Production would be correct. So, good eye. I'll fix it!

fateddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Region or State: North Colorado
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 XJ600N, 1991 Suzuki DR350
United States of America

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

radare wrote: I expect to have some parts with me working on the bike and riding it and such. I think the next scene will be video of me performing maintenance on the bike and showing it from a much more personal point of view.
I've thought about making a factual maintenance video. Like an hour of scrubbing away at one part, sorting through a big bin of bolts for 15 minutes, spraying PB Blaster on a nut and staring at it for the rest of the night, going through 10 different iterations of trying to route the wires correctly, sorting through the hardware bin again, getting grease all over my phone while I try to find an answer on the forum, and sitting on the floor for a half hour wondering why I didn't take up coloring books instead while the radio plays Bob Seger for the 5th damn time in an hour.

None of those angle-grinder-throwing-sparks montages or closeups of greasy knuckle tattoos or slow-mos of a drill press spitting out curly bits of billet.
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Region or State: Motor City (MI)
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 XJ600, 2006 SV650

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:31 am

But, but, but...

I always shoot little hot metal bits all over when ever I can!

I like to get my surgeon gloved hands all greasy and then be able to "clean" them by taking the gloves off.

I like to guestimate on vertical with the human drill press and still get those gorgeous curly cues of aluminium from a freshly wd40'd hole.

You use your phone? (I can't see shit on my tiny phone screen...)
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

webman94
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: arizona
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha Seca II

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:56 pm

radare wrote:I have been gathering videos and ideas for some time for a project I've entitled "For the Love of the Ride". When done, it'll explore my love of riding and why I feel the Seca II has a soul. Here's the introduction; its short, but its also a start. Give it a look and tell me what you think. I'd also like ideas as to what things you all think should be in a video on such a topic.

So here you go; the 23-second introduction to the future effort, For the Love of the Ride:

uQNgXyu00Mk
I was looking around through old posts, and ran across this. It looks great! Have you made any progress on it?

nadaforumdork
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Oregon
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 Yamaha SecaII

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:23 pm

You're seriously a jack of all trades "are-uh-dare"

I have been very impressed at seeing every place that your skillful hands take you with your projects.

-nfd
96 Yamaha Seca II