Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 2014 Sunrises

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock

Well, 10 days of playing around before the dawn has given me plenty of time to see the sun rising and I took a few pictures while out there. Here are some of those shots for you guys.

The morning before fiesta, we set up the balloon at a local elementary school to give kids that won't get to go to fiesta a chance to see a balloon up close.

Saturday morning, wonderful day with a simple, calm 30 minute flight.

Chaos:

Sunday morning, no flying. The winds were too high to safely and enjoyably fly.

Monday morning.

Tuesday morning.

Wednesday morning, cloud cover all day long with warm temperatures before sun rise and cold temperatures after sun rise. (Relative to the norm...)

My second Wednesday morning. Oh yeah, when you wake at 3:30 AM after a few hours of sleep and sleep for a few hours after partying until noon, you get 2 days in 1.

Thursday morning, the first shot is at night with the moon being the bright dot. It was amazing and it's unfortunate that my camera doesn't do those shots better.

Cloud cover like Mt. Fiji, amazing.

Spider pig, spider pig... does what ever a spider pig does. Who says pigs can't fly? We have two of them flying here!

More chaos:

Toy:

Friday morning,

Saturday morning.

Sunday morning, too windy to fly... we attempted to set up the balloon but pull the cord on it when the winds were dragging the basket and making 3 of us fight the other end.
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login