XJRider.com Photo Contest

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

[center]Image[/center]

As you all have undoubtedly noticed, XJRider.com now features a stationary background on the forum (the blurred glowing lights, currently). This background is just a placeholder. The ultimate goal is to have XJ riding, roads and motorcycle related photographs back there instead.

With that in mind, I'd like to issue a challenge. XJRider.com needs a new background. Actually, we need 2 (one for the absolution theme and one for the prime theme).

The challenge is, if you choose to accept it, to take, edit, and submit the perfect new background for XJRider.com.

What is the perfect photo, you might ask? Well, the perfect photo has a few caveats:
  • 1. It must be at a resolution of 1900x1080 or better.
    2. It must be clear, sharp and well framed
    3. It must not contain images of any branding, license plates, or other identifiable information.
    4. It must be XJ appropriate (preferably capturing riding, roads or adventure and not an XJ specifically)
    5. You must have taken the photo and have all rights to it (not shared it anywhere else)
    6. It must be awesome!
So get your cameras out, get out, and take a new background for XJRider.com. Post your submissions here and we will choose when the time comes. Two photos will be chosen; one for the Absolution theme and one for the Prime theme.

The member who submits the winning photograph will be awarded a $150 gift card to Motorcycle Superstore (two are up for grabs). Submissions will be accepted through 5/31. The winning photo will be determined by voting (or picked by the site admin). The photo may be edited, cropped or otherwise manipulated before being set as the sites background. By submitting a photo, you agree to those terms.

Examples:
Here are some examples of photos that would be suitable for a forum backdrop.

Mozark's amazing photo from the Dragon:

One I took when I rode the '92 XJ600 out to the Royal Gorge:

And one I took on the '97 Seca II before I sold it:

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login