Excellent Road Racing Movies

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
fateddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'm developing a rather unhealthy interest in road racing. Here are some movies and videos that I've come across lately that are very well done and fun to watch.

TT Legends - Honda Racing Europe has this documentary on European road racing that I'm working through right now. A lot of the focus is on John McGuinness, Simon Andrews, and Cameron Donald.

Episode 1 - Meet the TT Legends Team
[youtube]xbuYdT4GYkI[/youtube]

Episode 2 - The Bol D'Or - 24 Hour Race
[youtube]yaMz30GoAkk[/youtube]

Episode 3 - The Northwest 200
[youtube]FkkvRnPAvr8[/youtube]

Episode 4 - The Isle of Man TT - Part 1
[youtube]N5UDRXWtTew[/youtube]

Episode 5 - The Isle of Man TT - Part 2
[youtube]4yJLPsxMnwo[/youtube]

Taking Performance to New Heights - SBK Factory Racing - This one is quite well put together and interesting. No silly camera tricks, no irritating dubstep soundtrack, just two guys turning a couple Kawasaki ZRXs into amazing machines and racing the Pike's Peak International Hill Climb. The race footage toward the end gets pretty gripping.

Part 1 - The Bike
[vimeo]64534260[/vimeo]

Part 2 - The Test
[vimeo]65605001[/vimeo]

Part 3 - The Team
[youtube]66aX19B75Gc[/youtube]

Part 4 - The Race
[youtube]6SXYovVYvOQ[/youtube]

The two movies above came from Asphalt and Rubber, one of the best sources of motorcycle journalism on the internet. They're heavy on racing news, and lightyears better than RideApart and other sites in terms of writing quality and good journalism. Give them some traffic if you're so inclined.

I'll add more stuff here as I come across it. Feel free to add any videos of road racing you come across as well.
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login