Riding with mikee112

Share your photos, videos and other media.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey guys, well I got the GoPro all mounted up and went for a sunday afternoon ride down one of my favorite roads,( I did post a link to a video of this road before, somewhere on the forum but that vid was filmed on a cell phone )
Now here is that road again, the whole length of the road, and back again in glorious full HD 1080p
It's a long video ( just under 25 mins ) it took 6hrs 30mins to upload to youtube :yikes:
Hope You Like It :grins:

AllRpyY5ik8

DivvyJoe
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Worcester, UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998 XJ600N

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:24 am

Why didn't I find this last night when trawling through YouTube??

And how did you get 24 minutes on there?? I have a Drift HD and use Windows Movie Maker to edit and there's a feature to upload straight to YouTube but I get a warning to say there's a 15 minute limit. I think both my 15 min vids took about 3 hours each to upload...

I'll watch your vid properly when I get home from work because I'm not allowed sound at work and that's the best bit :grins:

DJ

SV1786
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: NJ
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 95, Yamaha XJ 600 Seca II

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 am

i love those guages!! too bad they arent readily available here... europe always has the best stuff :wallbash:

draco751
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Region or State: Orlando, FL
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 93 SECA II

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am

Bike sounds great, video looks awesome, and those roads look pretty fun. But why is everyone on the wrong side of the road? :poke: ;)
If I only had an hour to live I would spend it at work, because in there an hour feels like an eternity.

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:38 pm

DivvyJoe wrote:Why didn't I find this last night when trawling through YouTube??

And how did you get 24 minutes on there?? I have a Drift HD and use Windows Movie Maker to edit and there's a feature to upload straight to YouTube but I get a warning to say there's a 15 minute limit. I think both my 15 min vids took about 3 hours each to upload...

I'll watch your vid properly when I get home from work because I'm not allowed sound at work and that's the best bit :grins:

DJ
Thanks for the youtube comment and the sub Joe, I didn't upload the video stright from windows movie maker, I saved the edited movie to a seperate folder in "my videos", then uploaded it from there ( I had a message at the top of the youtube upload page saying that I "now qualified for uploads of more than fifteen minutes" :) so I just went for it !!
The good news is I just had my broadband upgraded for free :clap: ( virgin media ), so next time I upload a video it should be quicker :brow:

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:47 pm

SV1786 wrote:i love those guages!! too bad they arent readily available here... europe always has the best stuff :wallbash:
We don't always get the best stuff, we never got the FZ 600 with the 4" rear wheel, so we can't do that upgrade :( , also although we did get the v-star, called a drag-star over here ( yeah I know dragstar for the name of a cruiser, go figure ) they are ultra rare, so the rear shock upgrade is not an option over here either :thumbdown:

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 pm

draco751 wrote:Bike sounds great, video looks awesome, and those roads look pretty fun. But why is everyone on the wrong side of the road? :poke: ;)
Left is right, :laughter: if you know what I mean !!

SV1786
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 pm

i have an idea then! i am looking for those gauges and the XJ N light, rear fairing, and that small little black fairing in the middle of the bike. Perhaps we can do some parts swapping? let me know if you are interested

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:11 pm

SV1786 wrote:i have an idea then! i am looking for those gauges and the XJ N light, rear fairing, and that small little black fairing in the middle of the bike. Perhaps we can do some parts swapping? let me know if you are interested
I had this very same conversation with Radare, it's a good idea in theory, however the "N" model is fairly rare compared to the "S" model, so parts don't come up for sale very often, and when they do, they get snapped up pretty quick, having said that, I always keep an eye open for "N" parts and if I ever come across any ( at a reasonable price ) I will let you guys Know :thumbsup:

SV1786
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:35 pm

mikee112 wrote:
SV1786 wrote:i have an idea then! i am looking for those gauges and the XJ N light, rear fairing, and that small little black fairing in the middle of the bike. Perhaps we can do some parts swapping? let me know if you are interested
I had this very same conversation with Radare, it's a good idea in theory, however the "N" model is fairly rare compared to the "S" model, so parts don't come up for sale very often, and when they do, they get snapped up pretty quick, having said that, I always keep an eye open for "N" parts and if I ever come across any ( at a reasonable price ) I will let you guys Know :thumbsup:
awesome!, if you need something let me know