Riding with mikee112

Share your photos, videos and other media.
xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region:: Thame nr Oxford UK
Motorcycles:: 1990 XJ600F

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm

re:
dont think there will be many ( if any ) more this season, the weather is really starting to turn over here,
been studying the weather for south/south west UK as I wanted to head coastward tomorrow - past experience of these trips is that I'll be out something like 10 - 11 hours and although there may be 5/6 hours clear don't fancy a soaking in the dark coming home much with the shortening days

hey ho - round the locality again I suppose, cafes etc anywhere they will tolerate a scruff - sometimes think of myself as appearing something of a tramp on two wheels, you know the dishevelled biker look, gets worse with age I'm afraid.
Bender: I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen.

Drapheus
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region:: North Georgia
Motorcycles:: 95 XJ600, 92 XJ600

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm

mikee112 wrote:
Drapheus wrote:You've made so many awesome vids since you snatched that GoPro!! Keep em coming. I need to make myself more videos toooo
Thanks Drapheus, I dont think there will be many ( if any ) more this season, the weather is really starting to turn over here, we sometimes get decent days over the winter ( sunny but cold ) but not many ;)
You should definetely do some more vids, Georgia looks fantastic, do you get an all year round season that far south ??
In the winter, it's not terrible, but the mid-winter lows average 30 and highs maybe 50 degrees where I am. I'm just within the cold part of the country, in a stupid little dip that for some reason swoons down right under me. I can ride to the lower part of the state and it is significantly warmer throughout the winter.

The yellow dot is where I am. Why couldn't that cold weather border be just a little more north!!

'92 XJ600 - 50k | '95 XJ600 - 5k
Andrew Long Motography
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region:: UK
Motorcycles:: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 am

Drapheus wrote:
mikee112 wrote:
Drapheus wrote:You've made so many awesome vids since you snatched that GoPro!! Keep em coming. I need to make myself more videos toooo
Thanks Drapheus, I dont think there will be many ( if any ) more this season, the weather is really starting to turn over here, we sometimes get decent days over the winter ( sunny but cold ) but not many ;)
You should definetely do some more vids, Georgia looks fantastic, do you get an all year round season that far south ??
In the winter, it's not terrible, but the mid-winter lows average 30 and highs maybe 50 degrees where I am. I'm just within the cold part of the country, in a stupid little dip that for some reason swoons down right under me. I can ride to the lower part of the state and it is significantly warmer throughout the winter.

The yellow dot is where I am. Why couldn't that cold weather border be just a little more north!!

Wow, That sucks, so close to the mild winters, the winter there sounds similar to southern UK winters, we get "below freezing" for short spells throughout the winter and then milder spells, we get alot of rain and fog and some snow ( we had almost a 10 year period of fairly mild winters and almost no snow, but the last few years have been colder and alot more snow :cold: maybe 8-10 inches, still nothing like the northern states over there !!! )

Check out my video from last February

ea6SZIgPV78
xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:57 am

like the magic winter scene/walk :)
Bender: I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen.

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 am

OK I'm now about to contradict myself, I know I said the season was all but over... but today was a beautiful day, if a little cold ( 52f ) in fact it was to good to pass up the chance of a ride, so off I went, this time I decided to try a different camera angle, so I mounted the Go Pro on the rear of my bike, and here is the result :)

d5dCOYvAbxI

sorry about the rattle from the camera mount, I should have used the rubber grommet thingy that comes with the go pro :(
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region:: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles:: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:25 pm

The first view with the camera facing forward should be chalked up to a failed experiment, too much male arse if you know what I mean, But I rather like the rear facing camera :kudos:
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian
xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 pm

bit different, good deal of feel there for the bends with lean and crackle of the zorst

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

MOzarkRider wrote:The first view with the camera facing forward should be chalked up to a failed experiment, too much male arse if you know what I mean, But I rather like the rear facing camera :kudos:
Ha ha, I was going for the Moto GP camera angle with the forward facing shot ( I know... their lean angle is around 60 degrees, and mine is around 20 degrees :( ) and anyways I have a very "pert" arse for a man of my age.... lololol :laughter: :laughter:
Oh and extra Kudos MOzark for writing the word "arse" instead of "ass" :kudos:
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Great Britain

Mon May 06, 2013 8:38 am

OK New season New Video
A few people have been asking about different exhaust sounds, it seems to come down to twin end cans or single, V&H or Delkevic :shrug:
So I thought I would do a fly by video of my 4 into 1 Delkevic system, I did the fly by's at different speeds and revs so you can get an idea of what it sounds like ...........Crank up the volume :)

Best viewed in 1080p full screen
oaCQMkJKn9c

This is filmed without the db Killer
xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 am

got the same system Mike - good value considering it's stainless steel, I am pretty sure they do a twin pipe version, I'd go for that next time round (for the aesthetics) but the single pipe (silencer/muffler) sounds fine, maybe a bit muted to my mind (course one has a helmet on) but the sound is fine - your video makes the point.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us